Sunday, January 10, 2016

How To: Pedicure In The Shower

I used to go every 3-4 weeks (in the winter) and every 2 weeks (in the summer) to the nail salon to get a pedicure.  Well those were the days! I realize now how expensive it was getting. Although it's nice to be pampered every once in a while, I find it more rewarding to do it myself. Let's get started.  Links are provided for items needed.

Things you will need:

Pumice Bar or Stone
Callous File
Foot Scrub
Foot Lotion
Foot Mask - Optional

Step 1:
I cut and file my toenails before I get in the shower.  After I wash and condition my hair, I use the callous file to scrape off the dead skin off my feet.  If you don't have dead skin on your feet I envy you and you could skip this step.  By doing this step after you've washed your hair, it allows the water to make your skin soft just as if you soaked them.

Step 2:
Then I put the foot scrub on the pumice bar and scrub the bottom of my feet and sides of my toes.  This ensures all the dead skin is wiped away and makes your skin smooth.

Step 3:
When I get out of the shower I rub the foot lotion all over my feet.  Every once in a while I will use a foot mask to make my feet super smooth and moisturized.

Now go paint those toes! I hope this has helped you.  This is a great way to get a pedicure done when time or money doesn't allow you to go to the salon.


You can use any type of foot scrub or foot lotion you would like.  These are just the ones that I personally use.  Also, since I am the only one using these pedicure items, I just leave them in my nail care drawer and sanitize them after each use.






No comments:

Post a Comment