Saturday, November 22, 2014

Picking apart the Tarte Away Oui Go Limited Edition Holiday Palette

 
I don't know about you guys but when I travel I want options, so I bring along a bunch of different palettes, blushes, mascaras, foundations, etc.  That bit me in the ass last February when my husband and I went to Las Vegas.  We paid an extra $25 for my luggage because it was too heavy and my makeup made it heavy.  I won't do that again!

This Collectors Set and Portable Palette by Tarte is a cool idea.  It has 4 small palettes in the box with 4 eye shadows (2g/0.07oz) on each palette and an Amazonian Clay blush (4.5g/0.158oz), that's a total of 16 shadows and 4 blushes.  It also comes with a carrying case that fits each palette on its own.  There are 3 fl oz Marajuca lip glosses (1.8ml/0.06) in different colors and 1 Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara in black (4ml/0.13 fl oz).  Each color in the palette has a Parisian themed name.

This is a very warm neutral palette, with maybe 2 cool toned shadows.  I like the idea of having the choice of taking only one small palette with you but the colors are similar, lots of browns and purples.  There are 7 matte shades and 9 shimmery shades.    Not every small palette has a good brow bone highlight, actually only two do, those colors are snow angels in the parc (shimmer) and private chateau (matte).   The glosses are a little sticky, they remind me of the MAC's Lip Glass formula.  Lights, Camera, Flashes is actually one of my favorite mascaras, the brush is amazing and I always get a good curl with it. 

This palette was $58 at Ulta.  It's a steep price but with all of the products you get in this set, it was worth it.  Would I buy this palette if I wasn't a make up junkie? No.  I do see myself using this to travel because of it's size.  The shadows are really creamy and the blushes are the same pigmentation and formula as the regular Amazonian Clay blushes. 

Here are the swatches of all the products in this set.  Enjoy, Until next blog, Sarah


Tarte Away Oui Go Palette Collection

All the goodies



The Small Palette
Pop the palette right in!




Lights, Camera Flashes Macscara - Love the Brush!
Blush swatch - Then the 4 shadows


Blush swatch - Then the 4 shadows

Blush swatch - Then the 4 shadows

Blush swatch - Then the 4 shadows
 
Marajuca Lip Glosses
 

2 comments: